Thursday, March 11, 2010

INSPIRED


Last night while visiting with one of my best friends I decided I would make a blog about all the Spiritual things I've learned. I have so many and I decided I should share! My faith is LDS (Latter Day Saints) some may know it as "mormon" but we are LDS. I have been a member all my life, but I gained a sure knowledge of my faith when I was 25yrs old which was only a few years ago.

Pulu (husband) and our lil family had moved to So Cal. so that he could attend college out there and play football. We knew it was right to move out there so he could have an opportunity of a lifetime. Pulu loves loves loves football so it was easy for me to support him in this dream. Needless to say it was really really hard to adjust to Cali life ; the freeways, people, family he had out there, the price!!! We were staying with his cousin and his wife and kids and I HATED staying there! I was so sad, I missed home, I felt uncomfortable, their lifestyle was waaay different from ours, it was just not good. We knew we needed to go to church to get away from this burden, we of course didn't want to attend the same church as them so we decided to try another church not too far. We walked in and were immediately welcomed! We felt like OK this is where we're suppose to be. So the bishop asked to speak to us in his office shortly after sacrament so he could get to know us, which was nice. Short time after we were in his office just talking and telling him where we were from, why we were there and it was pretty brief, then he asked if there was anything we needed from him?...pause...I blurted out "I NEED A BLESSING"! Pulu and the bishop just stared at me as my heart was pounding, it felt as if those words didn't even come out of my mouth, yet I wanted one so bad! It just wasn't like me to say something like that so quick, and straight forward like that. The bishop then looked towards Pulu and said why don't you give her a blessing? Pulu was so confused he didn't know I wanted or needed one? He then asked me why haven't you asked your husband for a blessing? I said because I didn't know if Pulu knew how to give one. Pulu said he had the priesthood but he wasn't sure how to give one because he doesn't have a father figure to teach him. It was sad hearing him say that...so then the bishop said to Pulu that he could annoint me and he will give me a blessing. He asked if I would like a comfort blessing or a sick blessing. I said comfort.

When Pulu laid his hands on my head and repeated the words that the bishop helped him with I was crying. I was crying because he was giving me a blessing for the first time, and I was crying because I really needed a blessing. After Pulu had done that part, the bishop whom we JUST met that day laid his hands on my head and blessed me. I will NEVER EVER FORGET the words he said to me. I had been going thru sooo much out there that there was just NO way he could've said all the things he said to me had it not been straight from my heavenly father! It was beautiful, it was amazing! I was crying hysterically because I KNEW at that moment that my Heavenly Father knew me by name! I knew that the Prisethood was real, and I knew without a shadow of a doubt that my FAITH was the true and full gospel on the face of this earth. When I look back on that day and think about what had brought me to that point. I know that it was because of the challenge our then Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley gave which was to read the Book Of Mormon before the end of the year and he promised that we would gain a testimony of Jesus Christ! I am so glad I read the BOM and that I gained that testimony.

I am so blessed to have been raised as a member of this wonderful Church, I am blessed to have a husband who holds the Priesthood, I am blessed to know that my savior lives and knows me and loves me! I am eternally grateful for all that I have and for wonderful patient parents who taught me to have the Lord be the center of our lives, and all else will fall into place. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

2 comments:

Ane said...

Beautiful, made me cry last night and today...you punk! Love you lots! I love the concept of this blog and I am grateful that you did this! :)

pwincessdi said...

aww I'm glad you inspired me to write these lil spiritual moments I have :) Thanks for being a great example to me!!! Love ya too