Sunday, March 14, 2010

Realizing...

I went to a baby boys funeral recently and I was so sad throughout the whole thing. I have an 8 month old and I couldn't even imagine not seeing my baby's lil face every morning. My heart was broken at the thought of SIDS taking my lil baby away. My heart mourned for this young mother. It still does. So I have been reading this blog called Six Maile Chix it's about a young mother to six girls who lost her husband!!! I can't even imagine that! It's brought me so much more love and appreciation for the loved ones I have and hold close and dear to my life! I read something that she had posted and really pondered on it for a looong time. Something I realized and never realized or thought of b4. She wrote how lonely and how much she longed to see her husbands face. She talked about how she weeps and cries for her hubby. I was bawling my eyeballs out reading this. Then her next post she wrote how she and her daughters were mourning the loss of him when she thought how does "he" feel? Is he mourning for them? He is all alone, did he cry for them? I read Alma 40:12 and it says "And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow." My understanding of paradise is the beach. So to me I feel that they are there to overcome their sorrows and pain, all their troubles. So I thought wow they do mourn too! They are just taken to paradise to do it. It made me think of death in a different way. I always thought poor mother who lost her baby to SIDS, poor mother who lost her hubby and has 6 girls to raise alone. I have never thought poor husband who left his family behind, poor baby who left his parents, and 5 other bros and sis behind. Just a realization I learned. It makes me more hopeful and happy about the resurrection! If you guys would love a good read please follow this link http://sixmailechix.blogspot.com/ you will have a deep appreciation for the loved ones in your life. I am grateful for the ones even that much more because of her blog thank u Abby! Even if u never read this!

No comments: