Thursday, March 18, 2010

Nephi Chapter 5 :)


We have started reading the Book Of Mormon as a family. This is the first time we've ever read the Book of Mormon together. It's brought the spirit in our home. I've noticed that I can focus on what needs to get done in our home. My kids aren't so bothersome to one another, and Pulu is a lot more serious about his calling, not to say he wasn't b4, I just notice how much more passionate he is about it. Anyways so we are reading 1st Nephi and what has helped our kids soo much is the fact that they watched the Book of Mormon stories on DVD (thanks to my mother in law she has all of em) They have a greater understanding and kind of know what's going to happen all ready. Ariana is totally into reading it, and she'll notice what parts were missing in the movies. It's amazing to me how kids as young as ours can like and have an interest in the scriptures. I know when I was their age, I wasn't at all. Not saying that my parents didn't teach me well, because they did the best they could. My parents made us read the scriptures and I'm so happy they did because now I know how to teach my children how important it is to read and to know how Jesus Christ was and all the prophets before our days were. It really gives them an insight to how things were back then, and to appreciate how much agency we have today in these latter days! Hope you all can start reading. If you haven't read it, please give it a try and have an open mind. It's an amazing account of what we Latter Day Saints believe. Our goal as a family is to read the whole book by Oct. Hopefully we can get that goal, if not atleast by the end of the year. I challenge you all out there reading, to do the same!!! Happy Reading :)
p.s.
watch the video on my ipod...my all time fave talk of the book of mormon & Joseph Smith given by one of the apostles Jeffrey R Holland :)

1 comment:

Brian N Sela Misinale said...

Love this post Dianna. Thanks for reminding me to get my act together and read more everyday!