Sunday, April 25, 2010

Service

When I first got called to be the Primarys 2nd counselor I was ecstatic!! Then when I really got into the meetings, the calling, the sharing times, the kids, everything else...I wasn't so ecstatic about it!! But today was my AHA moment! I LOVE MY CALLING! I know that I work well under pressure...I had such a busy weekend and my lesson today could not have been better! We played a game called LDS SQUARES. It's like that game show "Hollywood Squares" or tic tac toe! I mean it was so last minute, but the kids LUUUUHHHVED it so much, and so did the teachers. I'm glad that I am able to reach out to the children. I absolutely love this calling, and I know that the Lord blessed me to work with these amazing beautiful children. Our chorister in Primary asked the kids and teachers to write down on paper what our fave song was...I sat there for a while thinking, and guess what I put down? "HELLO HELLO" song!! I love it because it's the song we sing when we have visitors. I guess it's the missionary in me that makes me love this song! Anyway if you're not familiar with the song here are the lyrics
"Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello! We welcome you today, HELLO, Hello Hello Hello Hello we're glad you came our way...to share with us our Primary day, and be our friends in..a..very..special..way. Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, We welcome you today (shout) HELLO!!!

4 comments:

Ane said...

Hello, hello!

Lol! I don't think I could handle that pressure....you go Anna! I remember the impact it had on me having great sharing time lessons and activities was the highlight of Primary! Keep it up the impact you have on them will last well into adulthood! :)

pwincessdi said...

Thank u annie!! You could totally handle it...Primary is the best!!!

Connie said...

It's wonderful that you love primary! I'm sure the kids love you too!

pwincessdi said...

awww thanks Connie! Let's hope they do!! :)