Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Words from our Leaders

I always watch conference, and I have to have to have to take notes. It's a trait I picked up from my parents back in the day. I love to write down things each apostle/leader/prophet talks about so that I can remember. I also like to look back at my notes from past years and see what that person had talked about, it's also fun to just see what talks stood out to me most. My favorite talk this year was by Bradley D. Foster he gave a beautiful talk about Mothers and how we are natural nurterers. There was a quote I loved which was said by the Stripling Warriors who said "We did not doubt, our mothers knew it." This really touched me because sometimes us mothers feel that we aren't doing allll that we can, and to think that if our sons/daughters were to go off to war/missions/school, and say that statement...I would be one happy & proud mother! This conference was all about FAMILIES, CONVERTS, & FALLEN AWAY MEMBERS...this gives me tons of ideas and ways that I can help myself within my family, fallen away family members, and making the ones that come back and converts feel more at home in the ward. It's so simple for me as a member to do my calling, go to church, and pay tithing. I need to step it up and get to know those who have recently come back to church, seek out the converts, open up my mouth to my family & friends who have fallen away. The time is now, and I'm excited to do this, because I know it is the will of our Father in Heaven :) I hope you all were as edified as I was this 180th General Conference!
part of the story I loved, u can read the whole talk on ksl.com
"Because it was so hot," he said, "the little calves kept running off into the trees to find shade. My thoughts turned to the youth of the Church who are sometimes distracted from the straight and narrow path. I also thought about those who have left the Church or who may feel the Church has left their heart, while they were distracted. I though to myself that a distraction doesn't have to be evil to be effective — sometimes it can just be shade."

3 comments:

Kassie said...

I absolutely LOVED this talk. It was so perfect and just what I needed...

Klarah said...

I agree with Kassie!! I loved this talk. I made sure we talked about this talk in our FHE before I took the kiddies to the movies on Monday!! I really wished the kids were old enough to understand this talk.

Ane said...

Loved this talk as well. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about it! :)